We assist in the accurate processing of material received from either internal or external sources through to its ultimate end-user point in the factory or with customers.
We pick, pack and despatch spares & Customer Services parts, which is vital to the smooth flow of parts through the Stores.
We look for the following in people interested in joining our team:
- High level of attention to detail
- Self-motivated; able to prioritise and organise workload
- Able to work as part of a team as well as on own initiative
- Good level of communication skills
- Computer literate and able to use an ERP business system, although training will be given
- Must be willing and able to work shifts as required
- A forklift truck licence is essential. The candidate will ideally already possess this, or must be willing and able to undertake the necessary training
- Qualified to pack for air freight, although training will be given
- Qualified to operate wood working machinery, although training will be given
Meet The Team
Dave has worked for Baker Perkins in Stores for 9 years, working his way up from a Stores person to Stores Manager. In his time with us he’s learnt many skills including purchasing, management, forklifting and qualifying as a forklift instructor.
Steve has worked for Baker Perkins in the Stores for nearly a year, describing it as a big learning curve but a very enjoyable one with lots of support and help when he’s needed it.
“It’s a very varied job and no two days are the same which is one of the reasons I enjoy it so much.”
Denis has worked for Baker Perkins for over a year.
“I am enjoying the varied role I am doing. The team are very knowledgeable and helpful and have helped me settle in since starting. I have gained a forklifting license and also been trained to use both the Circular Saw and Cross Cut saw.”
One of our longest serving employees, Dale has been working for Baker Perkins since 1975.
“I’ve had various jobs within the Stores, everything from goods receiving to marshalling (kitting) but now work in the Despatch department which I find very interesting and I enjoy doing my job.”
Christopher has been at Baker Perkins since 2017 after 15 years in the army followed by three at Aldi before joining the company.
“Every day is different and being flexible is really important due to the range of tasks we undertake. I gained an FLT license and am also trained on the Circular Saw and Cross Cut Saw, reinforcing our wide range of tasks.”
A Typical Day
On any given day the team could undertake the following:
- General stores duties, including the acceptance and booking in of deliveries, and the accurate matching and putting away of parts
- Telephone contact with suppliers with reference to delivery issues, including incorrect parts or quantities
- Booking in manufactured and sub-contract parts from all areas in the business and from sub-contract using the company business system
- Loading suppliers as required
- Managing the movement of stock around the factory
- Delivering named parcels within the business as required
- Accurately completing and issuing paperwork/electronic documentation associated with component marshalling and receiving/return of stock
- Issuing items from Stores to Manufacturing personnel, including updating the business system
- Dealing with any missing parts or incorrect paperwork
- Stock counting and stock location checking, including updating the business system
- To pick, pack & despatch all After Market parts to given guidelines
- To be aware of and follow all company Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Be aware of and demonstrate the company values and behaviours.
- Look for continuous improvement opportunities within the Stores environment
Who We Work With
In Stores we work closely with all areas due to the nature of our business, as we supply many different areas in different ways.