- Manufacturing 2021
Manufacturing Apprentices: January 2021
JOB TITLE: Manufacturing Apprentices - Metal Fabrication
REPORTING TO: Assistant Production Manager
START DATE: Jan 2021
- To undertake a comprehensive and carefully tailored training programme to become a fully qualified member of our Manufacturing team – Fabrication.
Our Manufacturing Apprentices follow a four year course of practical training and further education, leading to qualified engineer status.
For the majority of the apprenticeship, successful candidates will work alongside experienced engineers in a small, friendly team environment gaining a variety of interesting work experience and then will have day(s) release to our training provider to gain a Level 3 Apprenticeship – Metal Fabricator.
The apprentice will work towards being fully skilled in the following:
- To fabricate components using a variety of materials i.e. stainless steel / mild steel / aluminium.
- To manufacture large and small fabrications to a high standard in the specified times allowed.
- To be proficient in MIG/TIG/MMA.
- To understand and demonstrate a knowledge of engineering drawings.
- To maintain a safe and tidy environment within their working area.
Salary is reviewed regularly, reflecting individual progress against the objectives of each phase of training.
- A genuine interest in practical engineering, and able to demonstrate this through project work or hobbies.
- Self-motivation and a determination to succeed.
- Good communication skills.
- The ability to contribute to the work of a team.
- Academic qualifications: preferably a minimum of 4 GCSEs (or equivalent) including English, Maths and Science/Technology, at grade C/4 or above, although this is not essential.
- Candidates who are already in the first year of an apprenticeship are welcome, as are candidates with other relevant work experience or qualifications.
Anyone interested in applying should send in their CV and a covering letter explaining why they are interested in this apprenticeship and what engineering experience (including hobbies) they have, to:
Baker Perkins Limited,
email [email protected]
...by no later than Friday 16th October 2020
Please provide full contact details – postal address as well as email and telephone.
Baker Perkins is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
- Design 2021
What is a Baker Perkins Technical Apprenticeship?
We offer successful applicants a comprehensive and carefully tailored training programme to become a qualified engineer. Throughout your four year apprenticeship you will follow a highly practical training programme leading to NVQ level 3 standard and essential further education qualifications.
- It is a real job with a real employer.
- The training programme will last approx. four years.
- You work within our design office alongside experienced design engineers in either our mechanical or electrical design department.
- It enables you to gain workplace and business experience and a recognised qualification.
For the first year you will be at college full time, with day release thereafter.
Technical apprentices, at the end of their apprenticeship, are likely to be offered a role as a design engineer.
What do we look for?
Our selection criteria are a combination of a genuine interest in engineering, self-motivation and a determination to succeed. Other important qualities are good communication skills and the ability to contribute to the work of a team. In terms of academic qualifications, we expect a minimum of 4 GCSEs (or equivalent) including English, Maths and Science, at grade C or above.
We are not just looking for school leavers. We are also interested in applicants who are already in the first year of an apprenticeship, or have other relevant work experience or qualifications.
How to apply:
We usually open our application process in March. There are several stages to our process and you have to pass each stage to move to the next:
- Application form, CV and covering letter
- First stage of selection – Written tests to assess your natural aptitude and ability to succeed in engineering
- Second stage of selection – Practical tests
- Final stage of selection – Interviews
Keep an eye on this webpage for when the application process opens for 2021.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us:
Tel: 01733 283112
email: [email protected]
Many of the world's leading brands rely on technology supplied by Baker Perkins. Read our story, from the 19th century to today.
Peterborough is the city at the heart of rural East England, bridging the Cambridgeshire, Rutland, Lincolnshire and Northamptonshire borders.http://www.visitpeterborough.com/