In a nutshell, the Project Management team manages projects to achieve the contracted schedule with efficient use of resources and to budget.
To achieve this, we resolve problems as they arise in projects, mobilising the appropriate expertise where necessary. This means working with the Installation & Commissioning Manager on site problems and maintaining good and regular communication with the Operations team. External communication is equally important and we liaise regularly with the customer, gaining early notice of any problems.
It also falls on us to manage changes to the project to Baker Perkins’ advantage, for example selling modifications where appropriate and agreeing achievable changes to the schedule and specification.
Graduate (or similar) calibre, with a technical/process/project management background
Capital Project Manager
Damian started his career as a machinist, completing his apprenticeship with the printing division of the Company. After a brief secondment in the Production Engineering Department (PED) he then moved to Purchasing. Then nearly ten years ago he moved to Project Management and was promoted to Manager of the Project Management team after five years.
Kyle started as a Baker Perkins apprentice within the Machine Shop. He then successfully moved into a Trainee Project Manager role and completed a Level 4 Apprenticeship in Project Management.
Karl joined Baker Perkins 12 years ago in the Purchasing department. From there he spent several years in the Aftermarket part of the business as a Project Co-ordinator and Project Manager, before moving into Project Management and his current role in 2018.
Hayley joined Baker Perkins in February 2022, with a wealth of Project Management experience. She also has a degree in Mechanical Engineering.
Richard joined Baker Perkins in April 2020 and has an engineering project management background.
For any given project on any given day, we could find ourselves undertaking the following work:
- Keeping records (both paper and electronic) for reference during and after the project execution
- Reporting on the project status to the business as required
- Collecting payment from the customer when invoices become due, ensuring the relevant documentation is properly managed
- Ensuring Baker Perkins’ documentation is completed at the relevant stages of the project
- Obtaining sign-off from the customer at the close of the project, agreeing the start of warranty and getting feedback on Baker Perkins’ performance
- Ensuring site work is correctly progressed, liaising with the Installation & Commissioning Manager as much as required
- Ensuring the customer is informed of our progress and is aware of their responsibility to progress the project
- Providing sales support before order take, when required
- Ensuring project risk is effectively reviewed and mitigated throughout its duration
- Planning the despatch schedule to suit contractual commitments and the installation schedule for maximum efficiency
- Attending project meetings at the customer site as required, which may involve international travel
- Calling/managing project-related meetings as required to resolve problems and obtain clear action plans
Whatever the task, we are aware of and follow all company Health & Safety policies and procedures, in respect of self and others.
We work with all areas of the business.