Integrated Control Systems
Developed specifically for the complete range of Baker Perkins extruders, a touch-screen HMI provides clear, at-a-glance visualisation of the process, including current status of all major components and parameters.
Data trending and logging, and a network connection for data acquisition and remote access support short and long-term efficiency and process improvement programmes.
Startup and shutdown sequencing
Startup and shutdown sequencing cuts waste at the beginning and end of each run: production does not start until the machine has warmed up, and the extruder does not shut down until product is completely ejected from the barrel, resulting in minimum cleaning between product changes.
Alarm management means that the operator can immediately identify and locate problems.
Automatic management of recipe settings ensures exact, unvarying replication of product, eliminating quality variations caused by operator error, while the data collection system records all key process variables.
A worldwide support network includes fully configurable software packages and interchangeable components across the full range of machines for spares commonality.
- Recipe driven set-up minimises start-up time and reduces labour and waste
- Alarm management and recording enables operators to quickly resolve problems and identify trends / persistent faults
- Data logging, trending and reporting of all process parameters for quality control and process optimisation
- Remote access for online support from Baker Perkins
- Integration of optional features, such as gearbox condition monitoring and gravimetric feeder data
- System integration of upstream and downstream equipment into a single control point for the line
Brochure: Industrial Extrusion
The Extrusion Innovation Centre offers full powder coating and non-food production facilities, alongside research and development services for many industrial applications.
Parts, service, upgrades and rebuilds for your Baker Perkins machines for as long as they remain in production..
Keep up-to-date with Baker Perkins' latest developments in powder coating and industrial extrusion.