[UK] CNC Turner
Job Title: CNC Turner
Position this role reports to: Assistant Production Manager - Components
- To manufacture, to our drawings, parts that are supplied to our Assembly Shop or direct to customers
- Have a recognised engineering apprenticeship
- Other applicants who are willing to complete appropriate training will be considered
The Job (Main Duties):
- You will operate manual and CNC machines
- You will self-inspect parts produced
- Work to defined schedules
- Work to planned times
- Maintain a safe and tidy environment in the work area and adhere to all Health & Safety policies and procedures
Candidate Profile (Experience, Skills and Knowledge):
- Fully conversant with lathes using Fanuc / Mazatrol operating systems
- Flexibility to work night shift (essential); also willingness to work overtime when required
- Willing to train in other areas of the machine shop
- Able to interpret drawings and specifications
- Attention to quality
- Able to work well within a team environment and to offer improvement ideas
- High degree of self-motivation
- Flexibility to undertake other tasks in other areas
Hours of Work:
- Monday to Thursday 07:30 to 16:00 with 30 minute unpaid lunch break
- Friday 07:30 -12:30
- Some roles will require a night shift rota and possible weekend work so candidates will need to be open to that if required. Nightshift premium will be paid at time and a third.
- Salary: £27,742.68 per annum (£14.35 per hour). Overtime for hours worked over 37/week paid at time and half.
- Holiday: 183 hours holiday entitlement. In addition the Company gives 3 days between Christmas and New Year, and the normal 8 public holidays. Holiday year runs from 1 April to 31 March.
- Private Health Care: You will be entitled to join the Company’s Health Care Scheme, whereby you pay 50% and the Company pays 50% of the cost of Private Health Care cover for you, your partner, and your dependent children.
- Life Assurance: 3x annual salary
- Pension: Auto enrolled into pension from first day of employment - minimum of 5%. Company will match your contribution up to 6% (you can put more in than 6%).
- Not expected
If you are interested in the above position, please apply in writing with CV and covering letter to the HR Department, Baker Perkins Ltd, Manor Drive, Paston Parkway, Peterborough, PE4 7AP (email [email protected]).
Baker Perkins is an Equal Opportunities Employer