Trainee Sales Manager
Job Title: Trainee Sales Manager
Location: Peterborough based.
Position this role reports to: Sales Team Manager
Job Grade: 13 (indicative)
To work with the sales, sales support and aftermarket teams to identify and pursue sales opportunities. The successful candidate would be expected to progress to a sales manager position within two years where they would work with agents and group companies to bid and negotiate contracts, as well as provide market insight to support the development of the global business strategy.
Educational background or apprenticeship in an engineering or process discipline or relevant experience in this environment.
- Establish and maintain direct contact with existing, new and potential customers at all levels in order to strengthen business relationships, raise awareness of the company’s products and services, and secure new orders
- Follow up and qualify sales leads in a timely manner
- To support and, in due course, lead the bidding process, including preparation of proposals and negotiation of profitable, commercially secure and technically sound contracts
- Establish good working relationships with agents and work towards being able to manage, motivate and train them
- Understand the capabilities of other companies in the group in order to identify and pursue opportunities for joint projects
- Work with the aftermarket team on identifying new products and services, providing leads for sales opportunities and facilitating communications
- Provide customer, competitor and market information to support product and business development
- Update CRM records, reports and order forecasts as required by the business and ensure that customer databases are maintained accurately.
- Be aware of and follow all company health, safety and environmental policies and procedures regarding self and others
- Organised and tenacious self-starter able to work on their own and as part of a team
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Evidence of commercial acumen
- Proven ability to focus on objectives and outcomes
- Potential to identify and pursue prospects and show leadership in allocating the company’s resources.
- Problem solver able to quickly understand engineering and process concepts
- Confidence, skill and presence to successfully negotiate.
- Excellent networking skills and ability to build a profile with customers and within the group.
- Good general knowledge of the company’s products would be advantageous but not essential
Regular UK and international travel will be required.
If you are interested in the above position, please apply in writing with CV and covering letter to the HR Department, Baker Perkins Ltd, Manor Drive, Paston Parkway, Peterborough,
PE4 7AP (email [email protected])
Baker Perkins is an Equal Opportunities Employer.