Trainee Metal Finisher
JOB TITLE: Trainee Metal Finisher
REPORTING TO: Assistant Production Manager - Components
- To complete components to the required finish according to the schedule.
THE JOB (Main Duties):
- To paint, polish, blast or ENP components in a variety of materials to the required finish.
- To be fully aware of COSHH regulations.
- To carry out additional tasks, given the time, means and training.
- To understand and demonstrate a knowledge of engineering drawings.
- To maintain a safe and tidy environment within their working area.
- Thorough methodical approach.
- Able to interpret drawings and specifications.
- Attention to quality.
- Flexibility to undertake other tasks in other areas.
- Able to work in a team environment and to offer improvement ideas.
- A high degree of self-motivation.
- Willingness to work as part of the Manufacturing team.
- Ability to carry out routine tasks with limited supervision.
- Good level of communication skills.
- A recognised engineering apprenticeship is desirable, but not essential.
- Experience/qualifications in paint spraying/metal finishing is preferred, but not essential as training will be provided.
If you are interested in the above position, please apply in writing with CV and covering letter to:
Baker Perkins Ltd,
Baker Perkins is an Equal Opportunities Employer