JOBS: Skilled Engineers
REPORTING TO: Assistant Production Manager
- Baker Perkins uses apprenticeship-trained engineers across various engineering trades in the manufacture of its range of bespoke high-value equipment and component parts using company drawings and company planning resource system.
THE JOBS (Main Duties):
- To manufacture Baker Perkins equipment or components using one or more of the following engineering trades: Fabricating/Welding, Machining, Mechanical Fitting, Electrical.
- To use drawings and the internal paperwork system as part of the manufacturing process.
- To work to defined schedules.
- To work within planned times for jobs, and to feedback deviations when necessary.
- To operate portable hand tools for drilling, grinding and sanding etc.
- To lift components and assemblies using slings and pendant crane in a safe and protected manner. Training will be given if required.
- To supply feedback on machine and process improvements.
- To work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, assisting other sections when required, including working on customer sites if required.
- To support the maintenance team if required.
- To maintain a safe and tidy environment within their working area.
- To be aware of and follow all company Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Have completed a recognised engineering apprenticeship. Multi-skills would be an advantage.
- Thorough methodical approach.
- Able to interpret drawings and specifications.
- Attention to quality.
- Flexibility to undertake other tasks in other areas and on customer sites.
- A high degree of self-motivation.
- Able to work overtime and/or nightshift when required.
If you are interested in the above position, please apply in writing with CV and covering letter to:
Baker Perkins Ltd,
email [email protected]
Baker Perkins is an Equal Opportunities Employer