JOB TITLE: Service Engineer
REPORTING TO: Service Manager, Customer Services
LOCATION: Peterborough based
- To provide site-based representation across the Baker Perkins product range of equipment in terms of mechanical service and upgrade work.
THE JOB (Main Duties):
- Provide hands-on mechanical engineering field support, for the full range of Baker Perkins equipment.
- The role focuses primarily on equipment refurbishments, regular service visits, relocation of customers’ existing equipment and customer training on Baker Perkins equipment.
- Promote lifetime support to customers and help secure new business opportunities for both Customer Services and Capital equipment projects.
- Provide feedback on market information, customer comments and competitor details and projects.
- As required, technically support Customer Services activities in the office or factory as the work demands.
- Ideally, a time-served skilled electro-mechanical engineer; on site electrical and mechanical experience would be beneficial. ONC/HNC or equivalent.
- Knowledge of existing product range would be an advantage.
- Experience of working on customer sites.
- Excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Good problem-solving techniques using an analytical approach.
- Highly motivated self-starter - able to work alone but still be part of a team.
- Good PC skills (Word, Excel).
- Willingness to travel (at short notice) and work on customers’ sites both in the UK and overseas.
- Valid driving licence.
If you are interested in the above position, please apply in writing with your CV to:
Baker Perkins Limited,
Baker Perkins is an Equal Opportunities Employer