Senior Quality Engineer
Job Title: Senior Quality Engineer
Position this role reports to: Senior Production Engineer
- Ensure internally and externally manufactured components and equipment are to the correct standard. Where they are not, ensure root cause is investigated and support the delivery of corrective actions.
- Be responsible for the day to day running of the quality inspection department budget, equipment purchases and calibration.
- Provide feedback to the quality manager on quality trends and instigate quality improvement projects (both internally and externally).
- Conduct internal and external manufacturing audits.
- Desirable but not essential.
The Job (Main Duties):
- Continually review the quality of components and assemblies at Baker Perkins to ensure they are to the correct standard recommending and implementing corrective actions.
- You will monitor and report on trends to identify actions to eliminate re-occurring non-conformances.
- Develop systems to ensure correct suppliers are inspected.
- Progress ISIR, concession and approval systems.
- Chair quality reviews focusing on quality by costs and occurrence.
- Develop systems to ensure quality reports and records are kept in an organised, easily accessible, and secure manner.
- Develop a full knowledge of pressure vessel standards.
- Help to drive a greater culture of high quality at Baker Perkins.
- Deliver/organise required training to drive quality team forward.
- Audit internal processes and suppliers where required.
- You will be responsible for the management and setting of the inspection team work tasks.
- Closely work with purchasing; develop key suppliers and KPI metrics to monitor incoming goods.
- Manage the development of service and maintenance schedules for key departmental equipment and those subject to legislation.
- Assist with the inspection of manufactured and purchased components.
- Support the pressure vessel process.
- To be aware of and follow all company Health & Safety policies and procedures, in respect of self and others.
Candidate Profile (Experience, Skills and Knowledge):
- Experience within a Quality focussed position (Quality Engineer, Quality Technician, Quality Inspector etc.)
- Be confident, decisive and be able to demonstrate good man management and communication skills.
- Good organisational skills are essential and technical ability to make decisions along with strong problem solving skills.
- Awareness of ASME and BS PD 5500 Codes is beneficial.
- Awareness of legislative quality policies.
- Understanding of modern measuring techniques.
- Green Belt preferable.
- Experienced engineer capable of reading engineering drawings and ability to use common measuring equipment.
- Ability to train others.
- Awareness of fabrication, machining and assembly techniques.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of time including abroad.
If you are interested in the above position, please apply in writing with CV to the HR Department, Baker Perkins Limited, Manor Drive, Paston Parkway, Peterborough, PE4 7AP (email: [email protected]) no later than Friday 15 January 2021.
Baker Perkins is an Equal Opportunities Employer.