Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Job Title: Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Position this role reports to: Mechanical Engineering Manager
- To develop the product range to ensure competitive position of Baker Perkins machines.
- To issue machines and ancillary equipment to contract, produce factory layouts complete with services and installation information.
- To provide assistance to Sales and Customer Services departments on technical offering to ensure smooth contract execution.
- To identify risks and put in place plans to maintain cost and schedule.
- To maintain modular product structure for product range.
Qualified to degree level or equivalent experience level in Engineering.
- To provide product leadership and ensure specified solution is implemented within the agreed schedule and costs.
- To manage priorities to ensure project schedules are maintained.
- To ensure accurate drawings and parts lists are produced in accordance with Baker Perkins standards and quality procedures.
- To ensure compliance with CAD best practices.
- To be fully competent in the use of Siemens NX and TeamCenter ensuring compliance with Baker Perkins best practices.
- To ensure compliance of the equipment with legislation (e.g. EC Directives).
- To ensure compliance of the equipment with Baker Perkins standards and quality procedures.
- To maintain and update drawings and parts lists, and completion of change requests.
- To work with suppliers to ensure applications are fully and reliably implemented.
- To undertake calculations for design work, both on contracts and development projects.
- To brief field engineers and visit site when necessary.
- To support engineering development, sales and customer services as appropriate.
- To be aware of and follow all company Health & Safety polices and procedures, in respect of self and others
- Be aware of and demonstrate the company values and behaviours.
- A highly motivated, confident and dedicated professional.
- Currently in a key role within a design team.
- Competent in the use of 3D design and ERP business systems.
- An innovative engineer with an analytical approach to problem solving.
- Able to work alone or as a member of a design team.
- Good communication skills.
- Good PC literacy skills – Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Able to travel both within the UK and throughout the world.
If you are interested in the above position, please apply in writing with CV and covering letter to the HR Department, Baker Perkins Ltd, Manor Drive, Paston Parkway, Peterborough, PE4 7AP (email [email protected]).
Baker Perkins is an Equal Opportunities Employer