Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
JOB TITLE: Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
REPORTING TO: Mechanical Engineering Manager
- To issue machines and ancillary equipment to contract, produce factory layouts complete with services and installation information.
- To provide assistance to Sales and Customer Services departments on technical offering to ensure smooth contract execution.
- To maintain modular product structure for product range.
THE JOB (Main Duties):
- To provide product leadership and ensure specified solution is implemented.
- To manage priorities to ensure timely contract issue.
- To ensure accurate drawings and parts lists are produced in accordance with Baker Perkins standards and quality procedures.
- To ensure compliance with CAD best practices.
- To be fully competent in the use of Unigraphics NX application and TeamCenter.
- To ensure compliance of the equipment with legislation (e.g. EC Directives).
- To ensure compliance of the equipment with Baker Perkins standards and quality procedures.
- To maintain and update drawings and parts lists by authorisation and completion of change requests.
- To work with suppliers to ensure applications are fully and reliably implemented.
- To undertake calculations for design on contract work.
- To brief field engineers and visit site when necessary.
- To support engineering development and customer services as appropriate.
- A highly motivated, confident and dedicated professional.
- Currently in a key role within a design team.
- Competent in the use of 3D design and ERP business systems.
- An innovative engineer with an analytical approach to problem solving.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent in Engineering.
- Able to work alone or as a member of a design team.
- Good communication skills.
- Good PC literacy skills – Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Able to travel both within the UK and throughout the world.
If you are interested in the above position, please apply in writing with CV and covering letter to:
Baker Perkins Limited,
Baker Perkins is an Equal Opportunities Employer.