Senior Buyer – Outsourcing & subcontract
Job Title: Senior Buyer – Outsourcing & subcontract
Position this role reports to: Procurement Manager
Job Grade: 14 (indicative)
- To proactively optimise the supply of goods and services in line with timing requirements and to the correct quality, to reduce costs and continuously improve service from Schenck Process and Baker Perkins supply chain, whilst providing exemplary customer service.
- Good level of education, preferably CIPS and/or degree level with a good knowledge of engineering, particularly machining processes OR able to demonstrate relevant experience.
- To provide a day-to-day purchasing and tendering function to achieve the objectives of the Company.
- To ensure outsourced parts are to optimum value, required quality and delivered on time; to develop and communicate appropriate strategic plans to achieve these objectives.
- To develop and maintain low cost sources of supply in line with Company policy.
- To be responsible for identifying potential savings and implementing continuous cost reduction initiatives.
- To monitor all key suppliers, ensuring corrective action as needed for any identified quality issues. To plan, hold and report on regular key supplier meetings.
- To liaise with customer departments to ensure early involvement in new projects.
- To ensure that Purchasing take the lead in all aspects of the supplier relationship.
- To keep the Procurement Manager fully briefed on all key issues.
- Work within the Outsource team and support the Outsource Manager.
- To deputise for the Procurement Manager as and when required.
- To undertake specific projects as and when required.
- To develop KPI and presentation tools for information sharing across the EMEA group.
- To be aware of and follow all company Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Good knowledge of Purchasing procedures and practices; good general understanding of business and the role of Purchasing.
- Must have knowledge of engineering processes.
- Machining and / or fabrication knowledge.
- Well organised with good time management skills; able to prioritise.
- Self motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- High level of personal and professional integrity.
- Strong negotiation skills, strong contractual and commercial competence.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Ability to identify and exploit opportunities.
- Strong analytical and presentational skills.
- Good team player with excellent communication skills.
- Flexible and able to adapt/change strategies to meet differing circumstances.
- Ability to promote the role of Purchasing to colleagues in other functions within the organisation.
- Strong computer skills with good knowledge of MS Office.
Travel Activity: 5% (UK and overseas)
If you are interested in the above position, please apply in writing with CV and covering letter to the HR Department, Baker Perkins Ltd, Manor Drive, Paston Parkway, Peterborough, PE4 7AP (email [email protected]) no later than Friday 3 September 2021.
Internal applicants: Please inform your line manager of your application
Baker Perkins is an Equal Opportunities Employer