Job Title: Security Officer
Position this role reports to: Director of HR
Shift: Working a 4 on 4 off rolling rota as part of a team of 6 Security Officers providing a round-the-clock security service. You will be required to work nights every 3rd set of shifts.
To provide an on-site security service for the site all year round.
Also to carry out some administrative duties for Baker Perkins Ltd.
- To co-ordinate the Gatehouse and operate vehicle and personnel access control procedures.
- To monitor site CCTV.
- To maintain control of all keys and locks.
- To operate and maintain the intruder alarm system and all other detection systems including fire panel.
- To provide the first point of contact with emergency services and Baker Perkins emergency personnel.
- To undertake site patrols as required.
- To operate postal services and out-of-hours switchboard and to issue security passes.
- Operating company switchboard and dealing with internal and external telephone calls.
- To be aware of and follow all company Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Be aware of and demonstrate the company values and behaviours.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Comfortable with lone working.
- Good inter-personal skills.
- Able to work shifts which include weekends and nights.
- Able to complete SIA training.
- Good communication skills
- Previous experience of security work.
- Computer literate.
- Hold a SIA licence.
If you are interested in the above position, please apply in writing with CV and covering letter to the HR Department, Baker Perkins Ltd, Manor Drive, Paston Parkway, Peterborough, PE4 7AP (or email [email protected]) no later than Friday 9 December 2022.
Internal applicants: Please inform your line manager of your application.
Baker Perkins is an Equal Opportunities Employer