Sales Account Manager – Confectionery, Cereal & Snack
JOB TITLE: Sales Account Manager – Confectionery, Cereal & Snack (CCS)
REPORTING TO: Sales Team Manager
LOCATION: Peterborough based, but travelling for up to 40% of the time
- To identify opportunities and negotiate sales for the Confectionery, Cereal & Snack product range and to support the development of the global CCS strategy.
THE JOB (Main Duties):
- To establish and develop sustainable customer relationships at all organisational levels in a professional manner.
- To maintain regular direct contact with our CCS customer base.
- To ensure awareness of our CCS products and services with both existing and potential customers.
- To support the preparation of proposals and then to negotiate and secure orders and contracts that are profitable, commercially secure and technically sound.
- To identify and develop Customer Services’ business opportunities with existing and new CCS cutomers.
- To identify and report market requirements to the business to support the CCS business and R&D strategy.
- To provide market information and competitor activity to support the development of our position in the CCS industry.
- To prepare and maintain sales reports, forecasts and contact information on a regular basis and in a timely manner.
- Maintain a safe and tidy environment in the work area and adhere to all Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Proven export sales experience.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills at all levels within the customers’ operations as well as within Baker Perkins.
- Confidence, skill and presence to successfully negotiate contract price and conditions.
- Excellent networking skills to build Baker Perkins’ profile in the global CCS industries.
- Ability to think strategically to support the development of the global CCS strategy.
- Ability to communicate and liaise appropriately, given some accounts are globally bases, i.e. have sister operations outside the nominated territory.
- Willingness and ability to spend a minimum of 40% of their time abroad.
- Ideally a degree of HNC/HND or equivalent in an Engineering subject.
- Ability to develop and exploit a detailed understanding/knowledge of the Baker Perkins CCS product range, process knowledge and market place.
If you are interested in the above position, please apply in writing with CV and covering letter to:
Baker Perkins Ltd,
email [email protected]
Baker Perkins is an Equal Opportunities Employer