Job Title: Quality Engineer
Position this role reports to: Senior Production Engineer
Job Grade: A
To inspect the quality of internally and externally made components. To ensure the standard of Baker Perkins’ equipment maintains the correct level of quality.
To review the ongoing quality level of supplied components.
To audit internal manufacturing processes to ensure procedures are followed and quality parts are made.
Recognised apprenticeship essential
- Inspect all necessary components made internally and externally ensuring they have been manufactured to the correct level of quality
- Report quality issues via Baker Perkins non-conformance system and quarantine non-conforming parts
- Assist with the review of suppliers
- Complete inspection reports for critical components
- Ensure that spare parts are inspected without impacting the part lead time
- Support the development of a robust quality system
- Assist with organising the calibration of measuring equipment
- Occasional travel (including overseas) to suppliers
- Be aware of and follow all company Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Recognised apprenticeship essential
- Experience in a wide range of machined and fabricated components
- Knowledge of measuring equipment
- High level of attention to detail
- Computer literate
- Familiar with Epicor or other similar business system
Occasional travel (including overseas)
If you are interested in the above position, please apply in writing with CV and covering letter to the HR Department, Baker Perkins Ltd, Manor Drive, Paston Parkway, Peterborough,
PE4 7AP (email [email protected])
Baker Perkins is an Equal Opportunities Employer.