JOB TITLE: Project Co-ordinator
REPORTING TO: Service Manager, Customer Services
LOCATION: Peterborough based, although a small amount of travelling may be required
- To provide Customer Services representation across the Baker Perkins product range of existing equipment, in terms of service projects (refurbishments, upgrades and general maintenance).
THE JOB (Main Duties):
- To provide mechanical assistance and expertise to customers as the first point of contact, for the full range of Baker Perkins equipment.
- To provide hands-on field support where required.
- To carry out customer site visits in support of Customer Services business generation, warranty support and existing service projects as deemed necessary.
- To promote and help secure new business for Baker Perkins within the Customer Services sector by means of detailed quotation and in support of core business activities .
- To gather market information, providing a continuous feedback link on customers and competitors.
- To actively manage service projects in line with business process and system requirements, considering financial/technical risk and overall contract profitability.
- To ensure projects are delivered in a timely and satisfactory way to customers.
- To be aware of and follow all company Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Ideally, a time-served skilled mechanical engineer (HNC or equivalent); basic electrical knowledge would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of existing product range(s) of equipment would be an advantage.
- Experience of working on customer sites and dealing with customers.
- Highly motivated and organised individual, able to work well independently and within a team.
- Excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Good problem-solving techniques using an analytical approach.
- Good PC skills (Word, Excel, MS Project).
- Valid driving licence.
- Knowledge of Epicor business system would be an advantage.
If you are interested in the above position, please apply in writing with CV and covering letter to
Baker Perkins Ltd,
Baker Perkins is an Equal Opportunities Employer