Project Co-ordinator (Mechanical)
JOB TITLE: Project Co-ordinator (Mechanical)
REPORTING TO: Service Manager, Customer Services
LOCATION: Peterborough based, although a small amount of travelling may be required
- To provide Customer Services representation across the Baker Perkins product range of existing equipment, in terms of service projects (refurbishments, upgrades and general maintenance).
THE JOB (Main Duties):
- To provide mechanical assistance and expertise to customers as the first point of contact, for the full range of Baker Perkins equipment.
- To provide hands-on field support where required.
- To carry out customer site visits in support of Customer Services business generation, warranty support and existing service projects as deemed necessary.
- To promote and help secure new business for Baker Perkins within the Customer Services sector by means of detailed quotation and in support of core business activities .
- To gather market information, providing a continuous feedback link on customers and competitors.
- To actively manage service projects in line with business process and system requirements, considering financial/technical risk and overall contract profitability.
- To ensure projects are delivered in a timely and satisfactory way to customers.
- To be aware of and follow all company Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Ideally, a time-served skilled mechanical engineer (HNC or equivalent); basic electrical knowledge would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of existing product range(s) of equipment would be an advantage.
- Experience of working on customer sites and dealing with customers.
- Highly motivated and organised individual, able to work well independently and within a team.
- Excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Good problem-solving techniques using an analytical approach.
- Good PC skills (Word, Excel, MS Project).
- Valid driving licence.
- Knowledge of Epicor business system would be an advantage.
If you are interested in the above position, please apply in writing with CV and covering letter to:
Baker Perkins Ltd,
email [email protected]
Baker Perkins is an Equal Opportunities Employer