Production Manager - Assembly
Job Title: Production Manager - Assembly
Category: Production Management
Position this role reports to: Manufacturing Manager
Job Grade: 13 (indicative)
To maintain a safe working environment, by ensuring that all health and safety regulations are strictly adhered to.
To manage the assembly (mechanical, electrical and testing) activities of capital equipment and major spares contracts, to meet customer requirements.
To ensure safety, quality, delivery and cost performance improvements of the Assembly area, in line with company targets.
To identify areas for improvement and drive through changes to gain improvements in assigned KPIs.
A minimum of HNC or equivalent in engineering.
- To be aware of and follow all company Health & Safety policies and procedures, in respect of self, all team members and any colleagues, contractors or customers within Assembly Area.
- Implement process change initiatives through Kaizen and C.I. activity to improve safety and achieve all performance improvement targets.
- Manage the assembly (mechanical, electrical and testing) of capital equipment and major spares contracts, to meet customer requirements.
- Attend or chair daily/weekly/monthly meetings and briefs, as required, in order to communicate departmental/company information.
- Ensure safe and clean working practices and monitor via Housekeeping audits.
- Team development through appropriate coaching and training programmes.
- Monitoring and control of performance using Visual Management techniques.
- Actively reduce or eliminate ‘waste’ activities and challenge existing processes and procedures.
- Ensure orders and resources are planned, prioritized and communicated accordingly.
- Monitor quality issues to continually improve product and process quality.
- Maintain information in respect to methods, processes and procedural standards.
- Management of direct reports.
- Provide Assembly expertise to other departments and functions.
- Generate detailed assembly plans in conjunction with the master schedule.
- Deputise for the Manufacturing Manager and other supervisors, as and when required.
- Able to lead, motivate and manage personnel to achieve stretch targets.
- Sound technical knowledge of capital equipment and spares manufacture.
- Confident and decisive, with good people management and communication skills.
- Able to liaise with Technical and Production Engineering to improve and develop products.
- A knowledge of general computer packages (Word & Excel).
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Self-motivated and able to act as a change agent within the department.
- Good communicator at all levels.
- Able to work within cross-functional teams to achieve business results.
If you are interested in the above position, please apply in writing with CV and covering letter to the HR Department, Baker Perkins Ltd, Manor Drive, Paston Parkway, Peterborough, PE4 7AP (email [email protected]) no later than Friday 27 May 2022
Internal applicants: Please inform your line manager of your application
Baker Perkins is an Equal Opportunities Employer