Job Title: Production Engineer
Position this role reports to: Production Engineer Manager
Job Grade: 11 (indicative)
To produce accurate specifications for machined and fabricated components.
Enable manufacture of existing designs by remodeling in CAD
Engineer production requirements in line with the required manufacturing schedules.
Provide engineering support within the business and to help ensure its products can be produced to meet the requirements of safety, quality, cost and delivery.
Provide an accurate database of costs to help with sales quotations.
Be responsible in reducing costs and continuously improve the service of the Production Engineering Department to the rest of the business.
A Mechanical / Production Engineering qualification would be an advantage.
Apprentiship and /or broad manufacturing engineering experience
- You will produce accurate Methods of Manufacture for machined and fabricated components.
- You will produce engineering CAD models from existing designs to support our aftermarket offering.
- You will produce DXF files from engineering models.
- Carry out continuous improvement project work across a range of processes
- Resolve problems and improve processes, methods within manufacturing teams.
- Provide support for technical queries for all areas of the business.
- Provide an effective Interface between technical and shop floor personnel
- Develop ideas for reducing costs in the business.
- Support and promote our continuous improvement culture.
- Support the Production Engineering Manager as and when required.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Fully conversant with CAD (Ideally NX) but others will be considered.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the latest manufacturing process and technologies.
- Experience in using integrated manufacturing ERP systems
- Experience with writing specifications, Standard Operating Procedures and work instructions.
- Qualified engineer to ONC/HNC level in Mechanical/ Production Engineering.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Be a good team player with excellent communication skills.
- Be flexible, creative and able to work on own initiative.
- A methodical approach to tasks.
- Strong IT skills, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Travel Requirement: Willingness to travel if the business requires.
If you are interested in the above position, please apply in writing with CV to the HR Department, Baker Perkins Limited, Manor Drive, Paston Parkway, Peterborough, PE4 7AP (email: [email protected]) no later than 17th September 2021
Previous applicants need not apply.
Internal applicants: Please inform your line manager of your application.
Baker Perkins is an Equal Opportunities Employer.