Production Engineer (Programmer)
JOB TITLE: Production Engineer (Programmer)
REPORTING TO: Production Engineering Manager
- To provide support and expertise in CNC machining methods, tooling and work holding.
- To improve production process efficiencies with particular emphasis on the reduction of waste activities.
- To play a pivotal role in the development of manufacturing processes and procedures.
- To engineer production requirements in line with the required manufacturing schedules.
- To provide engineering support within the business and to help ensure its products can be produced to meet the requirements of safety, quality, cost and delivery.
- To provide an accurate database of costs to help with sales quotations.
- To reduce costs and continuously improve the service of the Production Engineering Department to the rest of the business.
THE JOB (Main Duties):
- To provide machine tool programs, tool lists and fixtures as required by the manufacturing schedule.
- To produce accurate Methods of Manufacture for machined components.
- To promote a continuous improvement culture.
- To identify improvements in manufacturing processes and procedures.
- To drive through cost reduction initiatives, including design for manufacture.
- To help maintain manufacturing schedules with reference to business requirements.
- To solve problems and improve processes and methods within manufacturing teams.
- To provide support for technical queries for all areas of the business.
- To interface between technical and shop floor personnel.
- To undertake specific projects as and when required.
- To support the Production Engineering Manager as and when required.
- Qualified engineer to ONC/HNC level in Mechanical/ Production Engineering preferred.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Have a solid understanding of manufacturing process.
- A broad knowledge of machined components and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Experienced in machine tool programming (Fusion 360 an advantage).
- Familiarity with writing specifications, procedures and instructions.
- A good team player with excellent communication skills.
- Flexible and able to work on own initiative.
- A methodical approach to tasks.
- Strong IT skills.
- A sound knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred.
If you are interested in the above position, please apply in writing with CV and covering letter to:
Baker Perkins Ltd,
email [email protected]
Deadline: Friday 18th September 2020
Baker Perkins is an Equal Opportunities Employer