Production Engineer - Fabricator
- Job Title: Production Engineer - Fabricator
- Location: Peterborough
- Position this role reports to: Production Engineer Manager
- To produce accurate specifications for fabricated components.
- Engineer production requirements in line with the required manufacturing schedules.
- Provide engineering support within the business and to help ensure its products can be produced to meet the requirements of safety, quality, cost and delivery.
- Provide an accurate database of costs to help with sales quotations.
- Be responsible in reducing costs and continuously improve the service of the Production Engineering Department to the rest of the business.
- A Mechanical / Production Engineering qualification would be an advantage.
The Job (Main Duties)
- You will produce accurate Methods of Manufacture for fabricated components.
- You will produce DXF’s from engineering models.
- Help maintain manufacturing schedules with reference to business requirements.
- Resolve problems and improve processes and methods within manufacturing teams.
- Provide support for technical queries for all areas of the business.
- Interface between technical and shop floor personnel.
- Develop ideas for reducing costs in the business.
- Promote a continuous improvement culture.
- Undertake specific projects as and when required.
- Support the Production Engineering Manager as and when required.
Candidate Profile (Experience, Skills and Knowledge):
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing process, particularly fabrication.
- Experience with writing specifications, procedures and instructions.
- Familiarity with CAD and DXF’s.
- Qualified engineer to ONC/HNC level in Mechanical/ Production Engineering.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Be a good team player with excellent communication skills.
- Be flexible and able to work on own initiative.
- A methodical approach to tasks.
- Strong IT skills, with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Willingness to travel if the business requires.
If you are interested in the above position, please apply in writing with CV to the HR Department, Baker Perkins Limited, Manor Drive, Paston Parkway, Peterborough, PE4 7AP (email: [email protected]) no later than Friday 15 January 2021.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Baker Perkins is an Equal Opportunities Employer.