JOB TITLE: Production Controller
REPORTING TO: Production Control Team Leader
- To process requisitions for manufactured and bought out parts for Capital Projects, Spares orders and Customer Service contracts.
- To process Case Entries/DMRs through the business – as and when required.
- To process MRP suggestions for manufactured parts.
- To provide support and production planning information to internal customers.
- To carry out system housekeeping tasks to maintain data accuracy.
THE JOB (Main Duties):
- To load Drawing Office Release lists into the Epicor business system and schedule accordingly.
- To liaise with Manufacturing, Drawing Office and Purchasing in the processing of Case Entries and Defective Material Requirements.
- To update the Master Schedule system.
- To process stock requirements generated via MRP.
- To process Spares, Customer Service contracts and Capital Project requirements.
- To monitor the schedule, assess load levelling and batching opportunities to aid timely manufacture.
- To attend production scheduling meetings.
- To prepare Job paper work, weekly load plans and work-to lists to support shop floor requirements.
- To perform daily/weekly/monthly system housekeeping tasks.
- To highlight to relevant areas in the business where there are any potential problems and assist in resolving the issues where possible.
- To provide cover for the Production Control Team Leader in their absence.
- Attention to detail and an analytical approach to work.
- Former MRP scheduling experience preferred, but not essential.
- Good IT skills; Excel knowledge to help in assessment/review of data.
- Good communicator and able to work as part of a team.
- Able to prioritise work in line with schedule requirements.
- Willing to learn and be part of continued process improvement.
If you are interested in the above position, please apply in writing with CV and covering letter to:
Baker Perkins Ltd,
email [email protected]
Baker Perkins is an Equal Opportunities Employer