Procurement Manager - UK
Job Title: Procurement Manager - UK
Position this role reports to: Head of Procurement EMEA
Number of Reports: 12
Job Purpose: The UK Procurement Manager is responsible for leading operational buyers at two sites in the UK to ensure that material is delivered on time and in specification to meet production schedules.
- Technical undergraduate study
- Master’s degree, MBA preferable
- Obtain the best value in efficiently procuring goods and services from suppliers
- Develop annual improvement plans and measure performance to ensure that customer service, procurement value, procurement operations and cost savings goals are met or exceeded.
- Set annual objectives with all team members and follow up to ensure that these are achieved
- Work with key stakeholders to develop, maintain, revise and communicate procurement services’ overall policies, business rules, plans, strategies, practices and tools and to ensure alignment with Local & EMEA Procurement teams.
- Must establish and maintain strong leadership level relationships across the business to communicate and obtain support of strategic procurement initiatives which provide value, increase efficiency and reduce costs.
- Align operational projects with category managers and supplier quality engineers
- Effective & Efficient procurement solutions and processes to minimize transactional processing and leverage available technologies to drive automation
- Work with suppliers to reduce leadtimes in line with market requirements
- Identifies and mitigates supply chain risks
- Ensures suppliers act responsibily in terms of social and environmental responsibilities, in line with GD50.
- Previous experience of running a procurement function in a low volume, high mix engineering environment preferred.
- Knowledge of ERP/MRP system
- Previous experience of managing a team.
- Ability to work at both a strategic and operational level.
- Experience of low-cost sourcing an advantage.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge of contractual terms and strong overall commercial acumen.
- Be a motivated self-starter who leads by example and demonstrates a ‘can-do’, action-driven attitude
Travel Activity: 30% within UK
If you are interested in the above position, please apply in writing with CV and covering letter to the HR Department, Baker Perkins Ltd, Manor Drive, Paston Parkway, Peterborough, PE4 7AP (email [email protected]) no later than Friday 17th September 2021.
Internal applicants: Please inform your line manager of your application.
Baker Perkins is an Equal Opportunities Employer