Job Title: Metal Finisher
Position this role reports to: Section Leader - Assembly
Job Grade: AN
Glass Bead and Shot Blaster: To glass bead and shot blast jobs as required by the business.
Polisher: To polish components using hand tools or power tools as required.
Painter: To paint items as required.
Glass Bead and Shot Blaster
- To operate the stainless steel glass bead unit
- To operate the mild steel shot blast unit
- To inform Team Leader when shot/glass bead requires re-ordering
- To effectively utilise a variety of hand/power tools (grinder wheel, polishing tools etc).
- To understand and demonstrate a knowledge of engineering drawings
- To be responsible for mixing and matching colours
- To prepare surfaces by filling, sanding and masking off, prior to painting
- To perform touch-ups prior to dispatch
- To maintain a clean and tidy environment within the work area
- To be aware of and follow all company Health & Safety policies and procedures including feeding back any H&S information to management
- Be aware of and demonstrate the company values and behaviours
- Experience in grinding, polishing, painting and de-burring
- Experience working within a metal fabrication manufacturing environment
- Thorough methodical approach
- Able to interpret drawings and specifications
- Attention to quality
- Flexibility to work overtime as required and to undertake other tasks in other areas
- Able to work in a team environment and to offer improvement ideas
- A high degree of self motivation
Travel: None Expected
If you are interested in the above position, please apply in writing with CV and covering letter to the HR Department, Baker Perkins Ltd, Manor Drive, Paston Parkway, Peterborough, PE4 7AP (email [email protected]) no later than Friday 9 December 2022.
Internal applicants: Please inform your line manager of your application.
Baker Perkins is an Equal Opportunities Employer