Mechanical Engineering Assistant
Job Title: Mechanical Engineering Assistant
Position this role reports to: Production Engineering Manager
Job Grade: 8-A (indicative)
To carry out important system administrative tasks to support the Mechanical Engineering team
English GCSE grade C or equivalent
- Create part codes and structure Bills of Materials on Epicor to support our aftermarket and USA designed products.
- Carry out basic modifications to engineering Routings, job plans and Production Orders as directed by the engineers.
- Prepare Epicor data for the team
- Be part of an admin ‘pool’ with other departments’ admin staff, to provide cover in other areas as and when required
- You will be aware of and follow all company Health & Safety policies and procedures, in respect of self and others.
- Excellent PC skills - accurate data entry / keyboarding is essential and a good working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Good organisational and administrative skills - able to prioritise work load and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- High level of attention to detail - able to maintain accuracy
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Ability to work on own initiative but also as part of a team
- Flexibility – changing priorities
- Prior knowledge of a ERP systems such as Epicor would be an advantage
Travel: Not expected
If you are interested in the above position, please apply in writing with CV to the HR Department, Baker Perkins Limited, Manor Drive, Paston Parkway, Peterborough, PE4 7AP (email: [email protected]) no later than 17th September 2021
Previous applicants need not apply.
Internal applicants: Please inform your line manager of your application.
Baker Perkins is an Equal Opportunities Employer.