Mechanical Design Engineer
Job Title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Position this role reports to: Mechanical Engineering Manager
Job Grade: 11A (indicative)
- To issue machines and ancillary equipment to contract, whilst maintaining a modular product structure for product range.
- To play an active role in engineering development projects.
- To provide technical assistance to Sales and Customer Services departments to aid a smooth contract execution.
Qualified to HNC/HND/degree level or equivalent in Engineering, or with an equivalent level of experience.
The Job (Main Duties):
- To ensure accurate drawings and parts lists are produced in accordance with Baker Perkins standards and quality procedures.
- To manage priorities to ensure project schedules are maintained.
- To be competent in the use of Siemens NX application and TeamCenter ensuring compliance with Baker Perkins best practices.
- To ensure compliance of the equipment with legislation (e.g. EC Directives).
- To ensure compliance of the equipment with Baker Perkins standards and quality procedures.
- To maintain and update drawings and parts lists by completion of change requests.
- To work with suppliers to ensure applications are fully and reliably implemented.
- To undertake calculations to aid design work on projects.
- To brief field engineers and visit customer sites when necessary.
- To support engineering development, sales and customer services as appropriate.
- To be aware of and follow all company Health & Safety policies and procedures in respect of self and others.
(Experience, Skills and Knowledge)
- A highly motivated, confident and dedicated professional.
- Competent in the use of 3D design and ERP business systems.
- An innovative engineer with an analytical approach to problem solving.
- Able to work alone or as a member of a design team.
- Good communication skills.
- Good PC literacy skills – Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Able to travel both within the UK and throughout the world.
Travel Activity: Limited.
If you are interested in the above position, please apply in writing with your CV to the HR Department, Baker Perkins Ltd, Manor Drive, Paston Parkway, Peterborough, PE4 7AP - email: [email protected] - no later than Friday 31 December 2021.
Internal applicants: Please inform your line manager of your application.
Baker Perkins is an Equal Opportunities Employer.