Mechanical Design Engineer
Job Title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Position this role reports to: Mechanical Engineering Manager
- To issue machines and ancillary equipment to contract, whilst maintaining a modular product structure for product range.
- To play an active role in engineering development projects.
- To provide technical assistance to Sales and Customer Services departments to aid a smooth contract execution.
Qualified to HNC/HND/degree level or equivalent in Engineering, or with an equivalent level of experience.
- To ensure accurate drawings and parts lists are produced in accordance with Baker Perkins standards and quality procedures.
- To manage priorities to ensure project schedules are maintained.
- To be competent in the use of Siemens NX application and TeamCenter ensuring compliance with Baker Perkins best practices.
- To ensure compliance of the equipment with legislation (e.g. EC Directives).
- To ensure compliance of the equipment with Baker Perkins standards and quality procedures.
- To maintain and update drawings and parts lists by completion of change requests.
- To work with suppliers to ensure applications are fully and reliably implemented.
- To undertake calculations to aid design work on projects.
- To brief field engineers and visit customer sites when necessary.
- To support engineering development, sales and customer services as appropriate.
- To be aware of and follow all company Health & Safety policies and procedures in respect of self and others.
- A highly motivated, confident and dedicated professional.
- Competent in the use of 3D design and ERP business systems.
- An innovative engineer with an analytical approach to problem solving.
- Able to work alone or as a member of a design team.
- Good communication skills.
- Good PC literacy skills – Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Able to travel both within the UK and throughout the world
If you are interested in the above position, please apply in writing with CV and covering letter to the HR Department, Baker Perkins Ltd, Manor Drive, Paston Parkway, Peterborough, PE4 7AP (email [email protected]).
Baker Perkins is an Equal Opportunities Employer