Manufacturing Apprentices – Machining Starting September 2022
Job Title: Manufacturing Apprentices – MachiningStarting September 2022
To undertake a comprehensive and carefully tailored training programme to become a fully qualified member of our Manufacturing team – Machinist.
Academic qualifications: preferably a minimum of 4 GCSEs (or equivalent) including English, Maths and Science/Technology, at grade C/4 or above, although this is not essential.
Our Manufacturing Apprentices follow a four year course of practical training and further education, leading to qualified engineer status.
For the majority of the apprenticeship, successful candidates will work alongside experienced engineers in a small friendly team environment gaining a variety of interesting work experience and then will have day(s) release to our training provider to gain a Level 3 Apprenticeship – Engineering Technician - Machining
The apprentice will work towards being fully skilled in the following:
Manufacture, to our drawings, parts that are supplied to our Assembly Shop or direct to customers.
- Operate manual and CNC machines
- Self-inspect parts produced
- Able to interpret drawings and specifications
- Producing high quality work with an attention to detail
- Able to work well within a team environment and to offer improvement ideas
Salary is reviewed regularly, reflecting individual progress against the objectives of each phase of training.
- A genuine interest in practical engineering, and able to demonstrate this through project work or hobbies.
- Self-motivation and a determination to succeed.
- Good communication skills.
- The ability to contribute to the work of a team.
- To be aware of and follow all company Health & Safety policies and procedures including feeding back any H&S information to management.
- Be aware of and demonstrate the company values and behaviours
- Academic qualifications: preferably a minimum of 4 GCSEs (or equivalent) including English, Maths and Science/Technology, at grade C/4 or above, although this is not essential.
Apprentices who have been made redundant or are part way through an apprenticeship are welcome, as are candidates with other relevant work experience or qualifications.
Anyone interested in applying should send in their CV and a covering letter explaining why they are interested in this apprenticeship and what engineering experience (including hobbies) they have, to the HR Department, Baker Perkins Limited, Manor Drive, Paston Parkway, Peterborough, PE4 7AP or email [email protected] by no later than Friday 1 April 2022.
Please provide full contact details – postal address as well as email and telephone.
Internal applicants: Please inform your line manager of your application.
Baker Perkins is an Equal Opportunities Employer.