Maintenance Engineer – Electrical bias
Job Title: Maintenance Engineer – Electrical bias
Position this role reports to: Site Facilities Manager
Job Grade: 9 (indicative)
Job Purpose: To work within the Site Services team, ensuring maximum efficiency of all planned and reactive maintenance tasks, and participating practically in machine/equipment breakdowns and Site Services issues.
To maintain a safe working environment, by ensuring that all health and safety regulations are strictly adhered to.
Qualifications: Must possess appropriate electrical and/or mechanical craft and academic qualifications.
- To be aware of and follow all company Health & Safety policies and procedures, including feeding back any HSE information to management
- Maintain capital equipment and, where appropriate, the site and buildings, in the most cost effective manner, with minimal disruption to production schedules.
- Respond as directed to breakdown repairs to machine tools and other site services repairs.
- Participate in developing/implementing service and maintenance schedules for key equipment and those subject to legislation.
- Be the lead “hands on” operator in maintenance projects such as conference room upgrades/machine tool moves/machine tool decommissioning/office relocations.
- Ensure data and information as required for schedule/maintenance/site tasks is collated effectively for reporting purposes.
- Participate in planned maintenance out of hours/unsociable times when necessary.
- When required, confidently liaise with sub-contract labour attending site and ensure their compliance with Baker Perkins health and safety policies and procedures.
- Prioritising and updating the maintenance request list for non-urgent work.
- Provide cover for the Maintenance Manager as and when required.
- Must have experience in electrical and/or mechanical fault finding.
- Willing and able to work in other disciplines.
- Self-motivated and capable of showing initiative, but also able to integrate closely with the existing Site Services team.
- Excellent attitude towards health and safety.
- Flexible approach to working hours when necessary.
- Excellent planning, organisational & communication skills.
- Good IT skills (Word, Excel).
Travel: None expected
If you are interested in the above position, please apply in writing with CV and covering letter to the HR Department, Baker Perkins Ltd, Manor Drive, Paston Parkway, Peterborough, PE4 7AP (email [email protected]) no later than Friday 1 October 2021.
Internal applicants: Please inform your line manager of your application
Baker Perkins is an Equal Opportunities Employer