JOB TITLE: IT Apprentice
REPORTING TO: IT Infrastructure Manager
- To undertake a comprehensive and carefully tailored IT training programme to become a fully qualified member of the IT department
- To work as part of the IT support team, to provide desk-side support and client configuration to maintain service levels
THE JOB (Main Duties):
For the majority of the apprenticeship the successful candidate will work alongside experienced IT professionals in a small friendly team environment gaining a variety of interesting work experience including:
- Owning Helpdesk entries and providing resolution to end user within departmental KPIs
- Managing all Helpdesk entries, assigning entries to the relevant IT personnel
- Installing, configuring and troubleshooting desktop operating systems (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP) and hardware
- Providing application support to end users – including MS Office, Lotus Notes, Siemens PLM
- Performing day-to-day administration on LAN infrastructure and IP based telephone system
- Helping to define (or update), document and implement IT policies and procedures to ensure consistency
- Managing PC repairs budget
- Maintaining a full audit of end user hardware and software for inventory and license compliance
- Creating, managing and removing user accounts across all IT systems, based on defined procedures
- Performing mobile phone account administration, including ordering of hardware and end user support
- Ad hoc duties within the IT Department
The apprentice will also undertake training at a recognised training provider locally, leading to relevant IT qualifications.
Throughout the apprenticeship, salary will be reviewed at regular intervals in reflection of personal performance and achievements.
- A genuine interest in IT and able to demonstrate this through project work or hobbies
- Self-motivation and a determination to succeed
- Good communication skills and the ability to contribute to the work of a team
- A willingness to help us achieve our KPIs
- Academic qualifications: a minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade C or above including English, Maths and ICT (or equivalents)
If you are interested in the above position, please apply in writing with CV and covering letter to:
Baker Perkins Ltd,
...no later than the end of February 2018,.
Alternatively, you can apply direct to the training provider, Aspire Achieve Advance Limited - email email@example.com
Applications sent to Baker Perkins’ HR department will be forwarded to 3aaa for initial screening.
You can also apply via the link below:
Baker Perkins is an Equal Opportunities Employer.