JOB TITLE: Installation Engineer
REPORTING TO: Installation & Commissioning Manager
LOCATION: Peterborough based, but with extensive travel both within the UK and overseas
- Installation of machinery on customer sites to ensure that it is built to the required specification to good quality and health & safety standards within the allocated time and budgeted cost.
THE JOB (Main Duties):
- To unload or supervise the unloading of machinery when it is delivered to customer premises. This will require the appropriate training and certification for safe lifting practice - e.g. forklift truck drivers licence, crane operation and slinging certificates, powered access equipment certificate etc.
- To prepare the area where the machinery is to be installed including marking out the floor to ensure that equipment can be installed to the correct level and position.
- To install or supervise the installation of machinery to ensure that it is correct to the drawing and that it is properly secured to the foundations and all interfaces are connected properly.
- To ensure that health & safety rules are adhered to and that best working practice is used at all times.
- To ensure that the correct tools and equipment are used for the job.
- When required, to supervise other engineers on site either employed or contracted by Baker Perkins or by the customer.
- To produce a regular report of site activities detailing progress and highlighting any issues such as technical problems, site delays, customer comments etc. concluding in a debrief at the end of installation and an installation completion report.
- To work in the factory manufacturing department as required.
- To maintain records of time and expenditure on site.
- The above to be carried out anywhere in the world to suit the needs of the business.
- To be aware of and follow all company Health and Safety policies and procedures, in respect of self and others.
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to work alone but still be part of a team.
- Experience of installing or commissioning machinery in any of the Baker Perkins product sectors.
- Able and willing to work overseas for extended periods of time.
- Ideally, qualified to an Engineering degree or HNC in Electrical/Electronic Engineering level or equivalent.
- Customer focussed with excellent communication skills and a successful track record of developing customer relationships.
If you are interested in the above position, please apply in writing with CV and covering letter to:
Baker Perkins Ltd,
email [email protected]
Baker Perkins is an Equal Opportunities Employer