Installation & Commissioning Manager
Job Title: Installation & Commissioning Manager
Position this role reports to: To be confirmed
Job Grade: 14 (Indicative)
To manage and control the Installation and Commissioning function to ensure that all capital projects are installed and commissioned to the customer’s specification, on time and within the budgeted cost.
- To manage the Installation and Commissioning function to ensure that all contracts are installed and commissioned on time, to the budgeted cost and appropriate quality standard.
- To ensure that sufficient resources are available to meet the planned schedule of work to include identifying & managing third party resources.
- To manage and develop staff to ensure the most effective use of existing skills and the continuous improvement of the skill base to meet existing and anticipated needs.
- To ensure that all health and safety requirements applicable to installation and commissioning engineers are met.
- To ensure that all sites are equipped with the correct tools to install and commission equipment in an efficient and safe manner.
- To ensure that site schedules are accurately produced, on time, to meet the needs of the Sales department.
- To ensure that good relationships are built and maintained with customers and that the standard of communication is high.
- To communicate regularly with Engineering, Manufacturing and Customer Services, to achieve effective use of the company’s engineering resources.
- To recruit staff as appropriate, subject to authorisation.
- To continuously review operating methods, procedures and resources to ensure maximum productivity and continuous improvement.
- To manage the departmental budgets.
- Dynamic leader with a proven track record at building and developing successful teams.
- Able to motivate teams, to innovate to improve productivity and processes and to achieve demanding levels of customer service.
- Customer focused, with excellent communication skills and a successful track record of developing customer relationships.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent in engineering.
- Experience of managing complex projects using the appropriate project management tools.
- Knowledge of existing product range would be an advantage.
- Able to travel when necessary both within the UK and throughout the world.
Peterborough based, but some travel both within the UK and overseas may be required
If you are interested in the above position, please apply in writing with CV and covering letter to the HR Department, Baker Perkins Ltd, Manor Drive, Paston Parkway, Peterborough, PE4 7AP (email [email protected]).
Internal applicants: Please inform your line manager of your application
Baker Perkins is an Equal Opportunities Employer