Graduate Mechanical Design Engineers
Job Title: Graduate Mechanical Design Engineers
Position this role reports to: Mechanical Engineering Manager
Job Grade: Graduate
To issue machines and ancillary equipment to contract, whilst maintaining a modular product structure for product range.
To play an active role in engineering development projects.
To provide technical assistance to Sales and Customer Services departments to aid a smooth contract execution.
Educated to degree level in Engineering, preferably Mechanical, with at least a 2:1.
- To ensure accurate drawings and parts lists are produced in accordance with Baker Perkins standards and quality procedures.
- To manage priorities to ensure project schedules are maintained.
- To be competent in the use of Siemens NX application and TeamCenter ensuring compliance with Baker Perkins best practices.
- To ensure compliance of the equipment with legislation (e.g. EC Directives).
- To ensure compliance of the equipment with Baker Perkins standards and quality procedures.
- To maintain and update drawings and parts lists by completion of change requests.
- To work with suppliers to ensure applications are fully and reliably implemented.
- To undertake calculations to aid design work on projects.
- To brief field engineers and visit customer sites when necessary.
- To support engineering development, sales and customer services as appropriate.
- To be aware of and follow all company Health & Safety policies and procedures in respect of self.
- Be aware of and demonstrate the company values and behaviours.
We are looking for Graduate Design Engineers to join our team in September 2022.
Educated to degree level in Engineering, preferably Mechanical, with at least a 2:1, candidates will be self-starters with excellent presentation and communication skills and can demonstrate a passion for engineering.
Graduate engineers can expect to work on every aspect of a project - from concept through design, manufacture and testing to installation and commissioning.
This broad appreciation of the different disciplines needed by the company not only enables them to be more effective in their chosen specialisation, but also prepares them for changes of role in the future. As well as the different engineering disciplines, our engineers are able to develop their careers in areas such as sales, project management and purchasing, and many of the company’s most senior managers and directors are engineers.
We support anyone working towards Chartered Engineer status by providing a mentor and participating in professional development programmes such as the IMechE’s Supported Registration Scheme.
Baker Perkins relies completely on the skills, professionalism and commitment of its engineers, and in return they can rely on us for complete support in their development.
Although based in Peterborough the post may require some overseas travel.
If you are interested in the above position, please apply in writing with CV and covering letter to the HR Department, Baker Perkins Ltd, Manor Drive, Paston Parkway, Peterborough, PE4 7AP (email [email protected]) no later than 31st December 2021.
Internal applicants: Please inform your line manager of your application.
Baker Perkins is an Equal Opportunities Employer