Job Title: Electrical Fitter
Position this role reports to: Assistant Production Manager – Assembly
Job Grade: A
Job Purpose: Wire Baker Perkins machines & equipment including sub-assemblies and control panels to Baker Perkins & customers specifications, adhering to wiring regulations.
Test completed equipment, including fault finding.
Help out in other departments (Maintenance/Customer Services/I&C) when asked.
Qualifications: Qualified to BTEC Higher Certificate or equivalent in Electrical Engineering.
- To be aware of and follow all company Health & Safety policies and procedures, including feeding back any HSE information to management.
- Fitting of junction boxes, conduits, cable tray and full wiring of a range of equipment to Baker Perkins specifications.
- Assist with testing of finished equipment and complete test records/documents.
- Operate portable hand tools for drilling, grinding and sanding etc.
- Work within planned times for jobs, and feedback deviations when necessary.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, assisting with mechanical fitting support as required.
- Support electrical work within the maintenance team.
- Occasionally work on customers’ sites as part of an installation/Customer Services team.
- Other Ad-Hoc duties
- Able to work safely, within all HSE guidelines.
- Able to interpret drawings and specifications.
- Aware of the latest electrical regulations.
- Have a flexible approach to undertake various tasks required in the Fitting Shop, on customers’ sites or elsewhere as required.
- Have experience in machine wiring.
- Attention to quality.
- Able to work well within a team environment and to offer improvement ideas.
- Able to use various electrical equipment to check and set components.
Travel: Some expected.
Hours of Work:
Monday to Thursday 07:30 to 16:00 with 30 minute unpaid lunch break
Friday 07:30 -12:30
Some roles will require a night shift rota and possible weekend work so candidates will need to be open to that if required. Nightshift premium will be paid at time and a third.
Salary: New annual salary £31,608.96 per annum.
We now can guarantee overtime for 141 hours for the year this is paid in 12 month instalments over the year. The 141 hour pot is then used by the Company when needed and the employee will work a maximum of 6 hours per week out of the pot. Any overtime worked over 6 hours a week would be paid for in addition and once the 141 hours has been used then additional overtime would also be paid. The premium for the scheme is £259.76 per month which equates to £3,117.12 per annum which when added to basic salary is a guarantee amount of £31,608.96 per annum
Holiday: 183 hours holiday entitlement. In addition the Company gives 3 days between Christmas and New Year, and the normal 8 public holidays. Holiday year runs from 1 April to 31 March.
Private Health Care: You will be entitled to join the Company’s Health Care Scheme, whereby you pay 50% and the Company pays 50% of the cost of Private Health Care cover for you, your partner, and your dependent children.
Life Assurance: 3x annual salary
Pension: Auto enrolled into pension from first day of employment - minimum of 5%. Company will match your contribution up to 6% (you can put more in than 6%).
If you are interested in the above position, please apply in writing with CV and covering letter to the HR Department, Baker Perkins Ltd, Manor Drive, Paston Parkway, Peterborough, PE4 7AP (email [email protected])
Internal applicants: Please inform your line manager of your application
Baker Perkins is an Equal Opportunities Employer