Design Office Administrator (temporary)
Job Title: Design Office Administrator (temporary)
Reports To: this role reports to Electrical Engineering Manager
Job Grade 8-A (indicative)
Job Purpose: To provide clerical / administrative support primarily to the Design Office.
This role is for a 9 month temporary contract
Flexible hours of work will be considered.
Qualifications: English GCSE grade C or equivalent
- Support the Design Office with various administrative tasks to include, as examples:
- Assisting with the creation of technical publications on standard machines
- Basic modifications to engineering drawing (training provided)
- Supporting the companies readiness for legislation changes with regards to documentation, setting procedures, contacting supplier etc.
- Be part of an admin ‘pool’ with other departments’ admin staff, to provide cover in other areas
- You will be aware of and follow all company Health & Safety policies and procedures, in respect of self and others
Candidate Profile: Excellent PC skills - accurate data entry / keyboarding is essential and a good working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Good organisational and administrative skills - able to prioritise work load and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- High level of attention to detail - able to maintain accuracy
- Awareness of the need to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Ability to work on own initiative but also as part of a team
- Flexibility – changing priorities
- Positive “can do” attitude – confident and decisive
Prior knowledge of a business system such as Epicor would be an advantage
Travel Activity: Not expected
If you are interested in the above position, please apply in writing with CV and covering letter to the HR Department, Baker Perkins Ltd, Manor Drive, Paston Parkway, Peterborough, PE4 7AP (email [email protected]) no later than Friday 24 September 2021.
Internal applicants: Please inform your line manager of your application
Baker Perkins is an Equal Opportunities Employer