Cylindrical / Surface Grinder x2
Job Title: Cylindrical / Surface Grinder x2
Position this role reports to: Assistant Production Manager
Job Grade: A
- To operate cylindrical and surface grinders as required
- Have completed a recognised engineering apprenticeship
- To operate grinding machines - cylindrical and surface
- To work on defined schedules
- To work to planned times
- To maintain a safe and tidy environment in the work area
- To be aware of and follow all company Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Able to operate grinding machines
- Able to use hand honer, and understand different stone requirements
- Abrasive wheel dressing/changing
- Thorough methodical approach
- Able to interpret drawings and specifications
- Attention to quality
- Able to work in a team environment and to offer improvement ideas
- High degree of self motivation.
- Flexibility to work nightshift when required
- Flexibility to undertake other tasks in other areas
Travel Activity: None expected
Salary: £28,491.84 per annum (£14.73 per hour). Overtime for hours worked over 37/week paid at time and half.
Holiday: 183 hours holiday entitlement. In addition the Company gives 3 days between Christmas and New Year, and the normal 8 public holidays. Holiday year runs from 1 April to 31 March.
Private Health Care: You will be entitled to join the Company’s Health Care Scheme, whereby you pay 50% and the Company pays 50% of the cost of Private Health Care cover for you, your partner, and your dependent children.
Life Assurance: 3x annual salary
Pension: Auto enrolled into pension from first day of employment - minimum of 5%. Company will match your contribution up to 6% (you can put more in than 6%).
If you are interested in the above position, please apply in writing with CV and covering letter to the HR Department, Baker Perkins Ltd, Manor Drive, Paston Parkway, Peterborough, PE4 7AP (email [email protected]) no later than Friday 3rd September 2021.
Internal applicants: Please inform your line manager of your application
Baker Perkins is an Equal Opportunities Employer