- The role is split into two parts, the first is take ownership of the CAD / PLM and engineering systems, providing day to day support, to ensure a stable working platform.
- The second part is to drive the development of these systems, workflows and standards to develop a class leading engineering data management network for the entire business.
Baker Perkins Vacancies
1: Baker Perkins Peterborough
2: Baker Perkins Grand Rapids, MI
UK Opportunities: Peterborough
Our UK headquarters and manufacturing facility is located at:
Tel: +44 1733 283000
Fax: +44 1733 283001
Email: [email protected]
USA Opportunities: Grand Rapids, MI
Our North American headquarters and manufacturing facility is located at:
3223 Kraft Ave. S.E
Lori Kerlin - Human Resources Manager
Tel: +1 616 784 3111
Fax: +1 616 784 0973
Email: [email protected]
- You will operate manual and CNC milling machines
- You will self-inspect parts produced
- You will work to defined schedule
- Work to planned times
- Maintain a safe and tidy environment in the work area
- Be aware of and follow all company Health and Safety policies and procedures
- To manufacture, to our drawings, parts that are supplied to our Assembly Shop or direct to customers
- Commissioning of Industrial Extusion (Powder Coating) & Food industry equipment and supervision of electrical installation on customers’ sites around the world to ensure that the equipment functions to the required specification and that quality and health & safety standards are met within the allocated time and budgeted cost
- To design, test and where necessary, commission, electrical control systems for Baker Perkins machinery, meeting contractual/customer requirements within time and budget restraints
- To assemble complete machines and sub-assemblies to customer specifications, and to test completed equipment.
- To be familiar with all applicable Environmental, Health & Safety (E,H&S) legislation and to plan, implement, monitor and optimise management systems to ensure Baker Perkins complies with its statutory obligations.
- This applies to all Baker Perkins operations, both at Peterborough and on customer sites.
- To provide support and expertise in CNC machining methods, tooling and work holding
- To improve production process efficiencies with particular emphasis on the reduction of waste activities
- To play a pivotal role in the development of manufacturing processes and procedures
- To engineer production requirements in line with the required manufacturing schedules
- To provide engineering support within the business and to help ensure its products can be produced to meet the requirements of safety, quality, cost and delivery
- To provide an accurate database of costs to help with sales quotations
- To reduce costs and continuously improve the service of the Production Engineering Department to the rest of the business
- To provide administrative support to the commodity spend category – raw materials and MRO distribution items
- To inspect the quality of internally and externally made components. To ensure the standard of Baker Perkins’ equipment maintains the correct level of quality.
- To review the ongoing quality level of supplied components.
- To audit internal manufacturing processes to ensure procedures are followed and quality parts are made.
- You will manufacture large and small fabrications to a high standard in the specified times allowed
- Proficient in MIG/TIG/MMA
- You will be able to polish stainless steel components
- You will be able to use a CNC Press Brake
- You will be aware of and follow all company Health & Safety policies and procedures
- To assist in the accurate processing of material received from either internal or external sources through to its ultimate end-user point in the factory or with customers.
- To sell directly to customers’ providing technical detailing and planning support associated with accurate detailing of components and assemblies. Working from customer enquiries whilst managing the complete order process for parts, working in conjunction with the contract controllers.
Many of the world's leading brands rely on technology supplied by Baker Perkins. Read our story, from the 19th century to today.
Peterborough is the city at the heart of rural East England, bridging the Cambridgeshire, Rutland, Lincolnshire and Northamptonshire borders.http://www.visitpeterborough.com/