JOB TITLE: Controls Engineer
REPORTING TO: Electrical Engineering Manager
- To design, test and, where necessary, commission, electrical control systems for Baker Perkins machinery, meeting contractual/customer requirements within time and budget restraints.
THE JOB (Main Duties):
- To develop and produce PLC and HMI software for a variety of platforms with minimal assistance.
- To design, specify and issue electrical hardware parts lists and control panels according to contract specifications.
- To specify technical requirements for bought out equipment.
- To produce machine test specifications.
- Test equipment in assembly shop and on customer sites as required.
- To provide technical and commissioning support to Installation & Commissioning / Customer Services in the office and on site.
- To help research and develop new products when required.
- To assist with preparation of proposals and quotes.
- To provide briefings of existing specifications and latest developments of equipment to sales, commercial, manufacturing, customer services and installation & commissioning departments when required.
- To be aware of and follow all company Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to work alone but still be part of a team.
- Experience of installing and commissioning process equipment and a knowledge of programming and fault finding on PLC systems is desirable, although on-site training will be provided.
- Ability to develop and produce software to functional specifications.
- Able to work away from home base for extended periods of time, within the UK and overseas.
- Knowledge of existing product range could be an advantage.
- Ideally, qualified to an Engineering degree or BTEC Higher Certificate in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
If you are interested in the above position, please apply in writing with CV and covering letter to:
Baker Perkins Ltd,
email [email protected]
Baker Perkins is an Equal Opportunities Employer