Components Production Planner
Job Title: Components Production Planner
Location: Peterborough (PUK5)
Position this role reports to: Operational Demand Manager
Job Grade: 10-A
To plan, schedule and monitor workload through manufacturing components.
To ensure components workload is planned in advance for each resource in manufacturing, to enable the delivery of the correct materials/tools/programs etc. Thus enabling the accurate delivery of spares and capital work to internal and external customers.
Qualifications: Previous experience in a production scheduler role.
- To ensure compliance with the Health & Safety Policy, to be aware of and follow all company Health & Safety policies and procedures, in respect of self and others.
- Ensure correct load is planned to each resource in components.
- Monitor delivery of components through the business.
- Develop accurate scheduling system to constantly improve internal delivery.
- Work with PED/Purchasing/Stores/Manufacturing to ensure all requirements are met before jobs are loaded in to the manufacturing plan.
- To review requirements for developing an efficient manufacturing planning department.
- Develop manufacturing scheduling using MRP system.
- Produce production reports on adherence.
- Co-ordinate exceptions to build schedule through manufacturing.
- Point of contact for manufacturing schedule exceptions.
- Raise concerns when load exceeds production capacity with production control.
- Be aware of and demonstrate the company values and behaviours.
- Ability to plan and communicate production orders under pressure.
- Ability to interact well with internal and external customers.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient use of computer systems and software applications.
- In‐depth knowledge of ERP or MRP software preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years production planning experience in a related industry.
- Good communications skills.
- Knowledge of lean and continuous improvement beneficial.
Travel Activity: Minimum travel expected.
If you are interested in the above position, please apply in writing with CV and covering letter to the HR Department, Baker Perkins Ltd, Manor Drive, Paston Parkway, Peterborough, PE4 7AP (email [email protected]) Closing date Friday 10 December 2021
Internal applicants: Please inform your line manager of your application
Baker Perkins is an Equal Opportunities Employer