Job Title: CNC Turner
Position this role reports to: Assistant Production Manager - Components
Job Grade: A (£14.74 p/h)
To manufacture, to our drawings, parts that are supplied to our Assembly Shop or direct to customers.
Have a recognised engineering apprenticeship.
- You will operate manual and CNC machines
- You will self-inspect parts produced
- Work to defined schedules
- Work to planned times
- Maintain a safe and tidy environment in the work area and adhere to all Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Fully conversant with lathes using Fanuc / Mazatrol operating systems
- Flexibility to work night shift (essential); also willingness to work overtime when required
- Willing to train in other areas of the machine shop
- Able to interpret drawings and specifications
- Attention to quality
- Able to work well within a team environment and to offer improvement ideas
- High degree of self-motivation
- Flexibility to undertake other tasks in other areas
Travel: Not expected
If you are interested in the above position, please apply in writing with CV and covering letter to the HR Department, Baker Perkins Ltd, Manor Drive, Paston Parkway, Peterborough, PE4 7AP (email [email protected])
Internal applicants: Please inform your line manager of your application.
Baker Perkins is an Equal Opportunities Employer.