JOB TITLE: Catering Apprentice
REPORTING TO: Catering Supervisor
HOURS OF WORK: 32½ hours per week (07.00-14.00, Mon-Fri)
- To provide assistance with the provision of breakfasts, lunches and hospitality buffets and to undertake general kitchen duties, in a timely manner and in accordance with food hygiene standards and at the same time gain a recognised catering qualification.
THE JOB (Main Duties):
- To assist with the preparation and cooking of breakfast and lunch
- To assist with the preparation and cooking of hospitality orders
- To assist with setting up the service counter, serving food according to the type of service used, and cleaning the area afterwards.
- To undertake general kitchen duties, e.g. washing up and clearing of all utensils and kitchen equipment.
- Follow food hygiene procedures and maintain the food hygiene and allergy requirements.
- Complete a Catering Intermediate Apprenticeship, including level 2 NVQ Diploma and level 2 Technical Certificate in Food Production and Cooking by day release
- Works safely and in an organised manner.
- Committed, hardworking and reliable.
- Basic food hygiene certificate is desirable but not essential, as training will be provided.
- Enthusiasm for catering/cooking and wants to develop their catering/hospitality skills
- Self-motivation and a determination to succeed.
- Good communication skills and the ability to contribute to the work of a team.
If you are interested in the above position, please apply in writing with CV and covering letter to:
Baker Perkins Ltd,
Baker Perkins is an Equal Opportunities Employer