Aftermarket Sales & Business Development Manager
Job Title: Aftermarket Sales & Business Development Manager
Location: Peterborough/Flexible Hours
Position this role reports to: Aftermarket Director
Job Grade: 15 (indicative)
Educational background or apprenticeship in an engineering or process discipline
To grow the aftermarket business by actively identifying and pursuing sales leads and new business development opportunities and securing profitable orders. Also providing customer, competitor and market information to support aftermarket R&D.
The Job (Main Duties):
- Maintain direct contact with customers at management and operational levels in order to strengthen business relationships, secure new orders and raise awareness of the company’s products and services
- Lead the bidding process and support preparation of proposals for service and large parts orders
- Negotiate aftermarket orders that are profitable, commercially secure and technically sound.
- Identify and quantify additions to the aftermarket product and service portfolio arising from areas of business underperformance and/or relevant market trends, and work with Business Development to bring them to market
- Maintain close contact with the OE sales teams to identify opportunities and trends.
- In conjunction with Marketing, develop promotional campaigns for specific products or customer segments and follow up inbound leads
- Update CRM records, reports and order forecasts as required by the business and to ensure that customer and machine records databases are maintained as accurately as possible.
- Support development of business and R&D strategies by providing customer, competitor and market intelligence
- Be aware of and follow all company health, safety and environmental policies and procedures regarding self and others (Please delete as appropriate)
- Drive and be a role model for the company values & behaviours.
- To be aware of and follow all company Health & Safety policies and procedures, in respect of self and others.
(Experience, Skills and Knowledge)
- An organised and tenacious self-starter able to drive sales opportunities from initial contact to order
- Experience in sales or business development in a capital equipment or related environment
- Evidence of commercial acumen, including negotiation of contract terms and conditions
- Effective interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, including the ability to influence and motivate customers and colleagues at all levels
- Problem solver able to quickly understand engineering and process concepts and recognise business potential
- Good general knowledge of the company’s product ranges would be an advantage but not essential
- Good networker and committed team player
- Able to think strategically regarding future business opportunities
- Self-motivated and confident
40% of time in UK and international travel will be required
If you are interested in the above position, please apply in writing with CV and covering letter to the HR Department, Baker Perkins Ltd, Manor Drive, Paston Parkway, Peterborough,
PE4 7AP (email [email protected])
Baker Perkins is an Equal Opportunities Employer.