Aftermarket Customer Technical Specialist
Position Title: Aftermarket Customer Technical Specialist
Hiring Manager: Pat Huhn
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
- The Aftermarket Customer Technical Specialist supports new and existing customer accounts by assessing and offering solutions that meet their parts and alteration needs.
- The individual needs to be able to prepare accurate quotes; maintain customer and machine records; manage orders and projects; work effectively with vendors and other departments within Baker Perkins; and resolve problems.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Initiate and follow-up with customers to sell Baker Perkins alterations and parts, resolve problems, answer questions, prepare correspondence, and generate reports.
- Prepares, processes and manages quotes related to parts and alterations which involves pulling records, gathering vendor pricing, and completing price calculations.
- Prepares, secures, and processes orders which involves establishing payment and commercial terms, releasing purchase requisitions and conducting order launches.
- Manage orders and projects.
- Effectively utilize other resources within Baker Perkins to successfully accomplish departmental goals.
- Utilizes Baker Perkins ERP, CRM and file storage systems to maintain customer and machine records to provide Lifetime Support to customer base.
- Customer and vendor site visits to provide sales and project support, as necessary.
- Assist in the achievement of company and department goals for sales, profit, growth, and market penetration.
- Provides support and assistance to the Aftermarket Manager as needed.
- Qualified candidates must have the ability to communicate verbally and in writing with customers and internal team members on a technical and commercial level.
- Have good interpersonal skills; ability to effectively establish rapport with clients.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, pro-rata, percentages, and volume.
- Proficiency in computer skills (Microsoft Office, Windows).
- Degree of mechanical and electrical aptitude preferred.
- Work effectively within a cross-functional team environment.
- Solve practical problems and interpret oral or written instructions.
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks and responsibilities for timely completion of tasks.
- Ability to travel to customers and vendors.
Education and experience:
- Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering or other related field and 3 years of field experience or equivalent.
- Customer Service and industrial sales experience preferred.
- Project Management experience preferred.
Interested candidates should apply by submitting a cover letter and current resume via email to Lori Kerlin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Baker Perkins is an Equal Opportunities Employer