Account Manager (Capital Sales)
Position Title: Account Manager (Capital Sales)
Hiring Manager: Mark Beaver, Sales Director
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
- Due to new business opportunities and succession planning requirements, an Account Manager is required with direct sales responsibility for a defined sales territory, client base, product range, and/or industry segment.
- The Account Manager takes responsibility for all aspects of the customer relationship to achieve the goal of meeting or exceeding an annual orders and contribution targets.
- Promoting Baker Perkins products and services using a wide variety of sales support tools such as presentations, persuasive quotations, brochures, etc.
- Negotiating and securing customer orders.
- Delivering order volumes and contribution at agreed levels for capital equipment and major aftermarket projects.
- Reports status and position of inquiries and order prospects using the electronic tools provided.
- Traveling within the assigned territory to regularly meet with assigned customers.
- Acting as a key interface between the customer and Baker Perkins.
- Building, maintaining and strengthening long term customer relationships throughout all levels of customer organizations.
- Assist with the development of new sales tools to improve sales effectiveness.
- Report on market intelligence, customer activities, industry events, competitor activity, lost orders, and other market needs which will enable Baker Perkins to maintain and improve its position in its market sectors.
- The ability to understand customer requirements, develop and present clear value propositions to differentiate Baker Perkins and secure profitable business.
- Communicate clearly verbally and in writing with customers and internal team members.
- Present logical sales arguments backed up with support documentation with grounded financial terms; capable of presenting the value of Baker Perkins solutions in logical, engineering terms.
- Track record in winning orders in highly competitive environment at margins acceptable to Baker Perkins.
- Understanding of features and benefits of food production technology, services and capabilities preferred.
- Ability to network, develop rapport, influence and build credibility across all levels of customer organizations.
- Function independently and logically in surroundings which may include difficult customer environments.
- Understanding of industries, markets, competitor analysis, margins, contract profitability, and financial justification criteria used to make major capital purchases.
Education and experience:
- Experience in direct sales of major capital equipment and services with a successful sales record.
- Experience working with processes and production platforms which customers use to make their products preferred.
- Technical or business degree preferred.
Interested candidates should apply by submitting resume via email to Lori Kerlin, Human Resources Manager at email@example.com
Baker Perkins is an Equal Opportunities Employer