Role Reports ToMechanical Engineering Manager
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
- To develop the product range to ensure competitive position of Baker Perkins machines.
- To issue machines and ancillary equipment to contract, produce factory layouts complete with services and installation information.
- To provide assistance to Sales and Customer Services departments on technical offering to ensure smooth contract execution.
- To identify risks and put in place plans to maintain cost and schedule.
- To maintain modular product structure for product range.
Qualified to degree level or equivalent experience level in Engineering.
- To provide product leadership and ensure specified solution is implemented within the agreed schedule and costs.
- To manage priorities to ensure project schedules are maintained.
- To ensure accurate drawings and parts lists are produced in accordance with Baker Perkins standards and quality procedures.
- To ensure compliance with CAD best practices.
- To be fully competent in the use of Siemens NX and TeamCenter ensuring compliance with Baker Perkins best practices.
- To ensure compliance of the equipment with legislation (e.g. EC Directives).
- To ensure compliance of the equipment with Baker Perkins standards and quality procedures.
- To maintain and update drawings and parts lists, and completion of change requests.
- To work with suppliers to ensure applications are fully and reliably implemented.
- To undertake calculations for design work, both on contracts and development projects.
- To brief field engineers and visit site when necessary.
- To support engineering development, sales and customer services as appropriate.
- To be aware of and follow all company Health & Safety polices and procedures, in respect of self and others
- Be aware of and demonstrate the company values and behaviours.
- A highly motivated, confident and dedicated professional.
- Currently in a key role within a design team.
- Competent in the use of 3D design and ERP business systems.
- An innovative engineer with an analytical approach to problem solving.
- Able to work alone or as a member of a design team.
- Good communication skills.
- Good PC literacy skills – Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
Email your CV and Covering letter