Role Reports ToFinancial Controller
To maintain the Payroll system and ensure employees are paid accurately for various payments. In addition, flexible back up for other roles in the finance team as required.
A payroll qualification or experience in payroll.
- Actively co-ordinate with third party payroll provider on a regular basis
- Ensuring that all the processes are done on time ready for pay day
- Processing and collating overtime sheets for outside engineers and field engineers, and ensure these are input accurately into the payroll system
- Processing overtime report of the Time and Attendance system, checking this and ensuring these hours are input correctly into the payroll system
- Inputting salary changes
- Dealing with HMRC
- Inputting individual employee changes as and when required
- Processing starters and leavers on the payroll system
- Running ad-hoc payroll reports when required for either Finance or Human Resources
- Processing payroll year end
- Receiving pay slips and sorting into relevant departments ready for collection on pay day
- Ensure payroll reconciliation balances before payroll signed off for payment
- Dealing with problems and queries, accurately and professionally, also delicately
- Processing P11Ds at the end of the tax year
- Dealing with P11D queries
- Supporting HR
- AD-HOC support for other members of the finance department including, but not limited to, invoice processing, cashier tasks and expense processing.
- To be aware of and follow all company Health & Safety policies and procedures including feeding back any H&S information to management.
- Be aware of and demonstrate the company values and behaviours
- Basic book-keeping skills and knowledge of UK/EEC VAT procedures
- Computer literate with several years experience in an accounting environment
- The ability to liaise with people at all levels is essential
- Knowledge of IRIS would be an advantage
Closing date is 19th May 2023, however, this is a rolling campaign and we'll be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis and will close the advert early should we receive suitable applications so please don't delay in applying!
Email your CV and Covering letter