Role Reports ToSector Lead Engineer
To design, test and where necessary, commission, electrical control systems for Baker Perkins machinery, meeting contractual/customer requirements within time and budget restraints.
Ideally, qualified to an Engineering degree or BTEC Higher Certificate in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- You will develop and produce PLC and HMI software for a variety of platforms with minimal assistance
- Design, specify and issue electrical hardware parts lists and control panels according to contract specifications
- Specify technical requirements for bought out equipment
- You will produce machine test specifications
- Test equipment in assembly shop and on customer sites as required
- Provide technical and commissioning support to Installation & Commissioning / Customer Services in the office and on site
- Help research and develop new products when required
- Assist with preparation of proposals and quotes
- Provide briefings of existing specifications and latest developments of equipment to sales, commercial, manufacturing, customer services and installation & commissioning departments when required
- Drive and be a role model for the company values & behaviours
- To be aware of and follow all company Health & Safety policies and procedures, in respect of self and others.
- Motivated individual with the ability to work alone but still be part of a team
- Experience of installing and commissioning process equipment and a knowledge of programming and fault finding on PLC systems is desirable, although on-site training will be provided
- Ability to develop and produce software to functional specifications
- Knowledge of existing product range could be an advantage.
Able to work for extended periods of time within the UK and overseas.
Closing date is Friday 19 May 2023, however, this is a rolling campaign and we'll be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis and will close the advert early should we receive suitable applications so please don't delay in applying!
Email your CV and Covering letter