Sales Manager - Bread
JOB TITLE: Sales Manager - Bread
REPORTING TO: Sales Team Manager – Bread & Biscuit
LOCATION: Peterborough based, but travelling in the territory (UK and Europe) for a minimum of the time
- To identify opportunities and negotiate sales for the Bread product range and to support the development of the global Bread strategy.
THE JOB (Main Duties):
- To establish and develop sustainable customer relationships at all organisational levels in a professional manner.
- To maintain regular direct contact with our Bread customer base.
- To ensure awareness of our Bread products and services with both existing and potential customers.
- To support the preparation of proposals and then to negotiate and secure orders and contracts that are profitable, commercially secure and technically sound.
- To identify and develop Customer Services’ business opportunities with existing and new Bread customers.
- To identify and report market requirements to the business to support the Bread business and R&D strategy.
- To provide market information and competitor activity to support the development of our position in the Bread industry.
- To prepare and maintain sales reports, forecasts and contact information on a regular basis and in a timely manner.
- A desire to interact frequently with customers and the emotional intelligence to do this effectively.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, at all levels within the customers’ operations as well as within Baker Perkins.
- Ability to actively drive a strategic pursuit of sales prospects and show leadership in focusing the company’s resources.
- Confidence, skill and presence to successfully negotiate contract price and conditions.
- Excellent networking skills to build Baker Perkins’ profile in the global Bread industry.
- Ability to think strategically to support the development of the global Bread strategy.
- Ability to communicate and liaise appropriately, given some accounts are globally based, i.e. have sister operations outside the nominated territory.
- Willingness and ability to spend a minimum of 40% of their time travelling in the territory.
- Ideally, a degree/HND/HNC or equivalent in an Engineering subject.
- Ability to develop and exploit a detailed understanding/knowledge of the Baker Perkins Bread product range, process knowledge and market place.
If you are interested in the above position, please apply in writing with CV:
Baker Perkins Limited,
Baker Perkins is an Equal Opportunities Employer