JOB TITLE: Mechanical Fitter
REPORTING TO: Assistant Production Manager – Assembly
- To assemble complete machines and sub-assemblies to customer specifications, and to test completed equipment.
THE JOB (Main Duties):
- To assemble kit of parts using drawings and internal paperwork system (Epicor).
- To install pneumatic and hydraulic pipework.
- To assist with testing of finished equipment and to complete test records.
- To operate portable hand tools for drilling, grinding and sanding etc.
- To lift components and assemblies using slings and pendant crane in a safe and protective manner.
- To work within planned times for jobs, and to feedback deviations when necessary.
- To supply feedback on machine and process improvements.
- To work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, assisting other sections when required.
- To support mechanical work within the maintenance team.
- To work on customers’ sites as part of an installation & commissioning team.
- To maintain a safe and tidy environment within their working area.
- Have completed a recognised engineering apprenticeship.
- Thorough methodical approach.
- Able to interpret drawings and specifications.
- Attention to quality.
- Flexibility to undertake other tasks in other areas and on customers’ sites.
- A high degree of self motivation.
If you are interested in the above position, please apply in writing with CV to:
Baker Perkins Limited,
Baker Perkins is an Equal Opportunities Employer.